Large items (bulky waste) collections
If you've got large items (bulky waste) to dispose of like furniture or white goods, or DIY waste like baths or radiators, which are too big to fit into your bin, we can take it away for a fee.
There is a charge based on what the item is and how many you would like taken away. You need to pay this when you book online.
- Domestic/non-DIY items eg household waste, children's toys, furniture, washing machines, freezers etc. You can have up to and including 6 items for £15.
- DIY items eg a bath, flooring, central heating boiler. You can have up to and including 6 items for £30.
Even if you only have one item of DIY waste, you will still have to pay £30.
On the day of collection
- We will only take away the items you have booked with us, and have put out for collection.
- Bag small items.
- Make sure we can gain access to the items - unlock gates where applicable and place items at the side of the property where your bin is normally emptied, as close to the edge of the boundary of the property as possible.
- Put your items out before 7.00am on the collection day, but please don't put them out the day before as this could lead to an unlicensed person taking them and possibly flytipping them.
It may be that this is not the best way to get rid of your large items. Also consider:
- Highways and Streetscene
- 03000 261 000