Commercial and trade waste services we offer
It is illegal to dispose of commercial or trade waste at Household Waste Recycling Centres (tips). Find out what trade waste collections we offer to businesses.
What is commercial or trade waste?
It is any waste produced from a commercial operation including waste from works or repairs, alterations, construction, improvements or demolition.
Trade waste collections
We offer a trade waste collection service to businesses in County Durham from as little as £100.62 a year. There are a selection of standard options, based on collections of general waste and recyclable materials. Alternatively, we offer pricing of contracts based on your individual needs.
There are a number of options on bins and sacks for your waste disposal needs. Theshows the different bin sizes available to suit your business. If you're not sure what's the best bin option for your business, we can help.
Theexplains what items go in your recycling bin and what items go in your rubbish bin.
Why choose our waste collection service?
Choose us for the following reasons. We:
- have a large fleet of collection vehicles operating throughout the county, manned by reliable and experienced staff
- guarantee our prices are competitive, with no hidden extras
- will work with you to offer fully customised plans to meet your individual needs
- provide a full no obligation consultation and quotation
- offer continuous customer led service, with friendly and knowledgeable staff
- can accommodate different contract durations, with flexible payment options.
Trade waste facility at Stainton Grove
Our trade waste facility at Stainton Grove offers waste disposal for small and medium sized businesses. It is open 9.00am-6.00pm (summer) and 9.00am - 3.30pm (winter), seven days a week.
It offers an approved pay as you go, low cost recycling and waste disposal facility. There is no minimum amount of waste required to use the site and traders can reassure their clients they are getting rid of waste legally and responsibly. You must be registered for Getting rid of commercial or trade waste legally. Contact us at Customer Services for more information.
If you are accessing the trade waste bridge, you will need a Waste Carriers Licence and if your load has electrical items you will also need a Hazardous Waste Consignment Notice.
What you can bring and how much it will cost
Pricing is based on weight and material type which reflects the cost of operating the site. The recyclables price is only available if you have pre-sorted the material into the different recycling types available on site. Mixed loads will be charged at a non-recyclable rate. The price determined by staff is final and non-negotiable - please ensure you are happy with the price quoted before unloading your vehicle. CCTV is used to monitor the site and failure to pay may result in prosecution
You can bring non-recyclable/general waste, soil and rubble, green waste, scrap metal, wood, plasterboard, cardboard and commercial fridges/freezers.
View our Trade waste price list.
How to use the site
- Vehicles above 7.5 tonnes are not permitted to use the site.
- If you want to recycle your waste, you must sort it into the relevant types.
- You must carry a valid waste carriers licence
- When you arrive your vehicle will be weighed on the weighbridge and a member of staff will check the materials and will confirm the waste category which will be applied.
- Your vehicle will be weighed again when you have unloaded your waste and you will be charged by the relevant price.
- Payment will be made by cash or card.
- A waste transfer note and receipt will be provided for your records. Please keep this note for two years in case you are asked to produce it by us or the Environment Agency.
Other options available to dispose of commercial / trade waste
You can dispose of your commercial/trade waste yourself if you are a registered waste carrier or you use a registered waste carrier. Find out more about the legal disposal of commercial or trade waste.