This section tells you about parking on the streets of County Durham. It explains what the rules are and what happens if you break them. Please use this information in conjunction with your Highway Code to park safely and legally.
- Blue Badge disability parking scheme: information about blue badges
- Bus lanes and bus stops: find out who can and can't use a bus lane, and get information on parking at bus stops
- Parking enforcement waivers: a parking waiver allows a driver to park a vehicle where restrictions are in place.
- Controlled Parking Zones and areas: find out how the CPZs and CPAs affect parking
- Loading bays: all you need to know about loading and unloading from a loading bay
- Motorcycle and moped parking: find out about parking for motorcycles and mopeds
- Motorhome parking: motorhomes are permitted in all of our car parks, however, cooking and overnight sleeping is not permitted.
- Pay and display bays: everything you need to know about pay and display bays in the Durham City CPZ
- Road markings and signage: information including how kerb and road markings, such as yellow lines, affect parking
- School keep clear markings: information on parking on school keep-clear markings
- Taxi ranks and tariffs: find out about on-street parking for taxis
From time to time we invite you to comment on proposed change to parking restrictions. These are available as Statutory notices.