About Durham Learn
We work with local communities, a range of voluntary organisations, employers and public health to deliver the training people need to help change their lives for the better. We ensure that provision is local and accessible, with training delivered in more than 100 venues across the county, as well as through distance learning.
Courses include a broad range of opportunities for personal development, support for health and well-being and the chance to gain skills and qualifications for further education and employment.
We regularly review our courses to be responsive to the needs of learners and develop provision to make sure there are clear progression opportunities for learners into further education, employment or training.
We pride ourselves on providing impartial information, advice and guidance to help support learners make informed choices about their study options and we have a dedicated engagement team to support learners prior to and during their programmes to help support the learner journey.
What we can offer
- English, Maths and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- health and social care
- a range of family and community learning opportunities, including support for those most vulnerable in our county
- a range of courses for enjoyment and leisure designed to re-engage those who have been away from learning for a long time
- Back to work and employability training for young people and adults
- apprenticeship training
- digital skills
- Teaching Assistant Qualifications at Level 2 and Level 3
- distance learning courses in a range of subjects to support those who are more suited to flexible study options
- support into self-employment, including enterprise qualifications
- provision for learners with high needs including study programmes, supported internships and Family First information, advice and guidance for parents/carers
- information, advice and guidance on courses including initial assessments and advice around progression opportunities across a range of programme
Why choose us
Our most recent OFSTED inspection (May 2018) graded us as good with outstanding features.
We are committed to providing the best and safest learning environment possible so that learners can succeed and staff and volunteers feel secure. Further information is included in our.
- Durham Learn
- 03000 266 115
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- Crook Council Offices
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL15 9ES