Landlord support to avoid evicting tenants
If you're thinking of serving notice to your tenants, please Stop Before You Serve as we may be able to provide support before you do this.
We may be able to help with:
- non-payment of rent or arrears
- assistance with benefit payments or issues with applications
- provide mediation services between you and your tenants
- communication problems
- help with other tenancy related issues
Free specialist service
Stop Before You Serve is a free specialist service for landlords considering seeking possession of properties in County Durham. We recognise the importance of early intervention work with both landlords and tenants to help and assist avoidance of a section 21 or section 8 notice being issued or assist once it has been served.
The specialist service includes:
- rent arrears assistance through establishing repayment plans and reviewing benefits available to the tenant
- a financial assessment of the tenants to maximise income and reduce debts
- a mediation service between landlord and tenants
- help and advice on planned moves or leasing properties to a range supported housing providers
- a personalised housing plan to be agreed with the tenant
- referrals and signposting for more long-term support (if we identify that it's needed)
Preventing evictions and homelessness
We are committed to preventing homelessness. We also recognise that eviction is often the last resort and can be a costly and lengthy process, so Stop Before You Serve. We can try and help you and you tenants before it's too late.
For more information contact us.