Get help to avoid becoming homeless
We offer free help if you are homeless, at risk of homelessness or simply want advice about your housing options.
How we can help you
Our Housing Solutions team will provide advice on a range of housing issues, from landlord disputes to homelessness. We'll look at all of your options, from supported accommodation to privately rented housing.
Helping you keep your home
If you're in danger of losing your home, we will work with you to prevent this happening. We can help if:
- you're fleeing domestic abuse
- facing possession proceedings
- being harassed or evicted by your landlord
- being asked to leave by friends or relatives.
- struggling to pay your rent or mortgage
you need help to live in your home
Finding a new home
What we must do
Homelessness covers a wide range of circumstances from being 'roofless' to being without a home of your own. If you are homeless or think you may become homeless in the near future, we can give you advice about your rights and the housing options available to you.
The first time we speak to you we will ask questions to assess your situation to confirm what duties we owe under the homelessness legislation and if we have a legal duty to find you a secure home.
Only certain people can be given a priority for rehousing under the current homelessness rules; however, our aim is to prevent homelessness wherever possible and if we can't accept your homeless application we will still provide you with advice and information to help you find or keep your home.
See Shelter for more information on the help we must provide.
- Homeless (freephone number)
- 08081 968 406
- Armed Forces - support
- Broken down relationship
- Domestic abuse - get help
- Care leavers
- Mental health support for adults
- Harassed by neighbour or landlord
- Received notice from landlord
- Under 18 year olds
- Rent or mortgage arrears
- Support to help you live in your home
- Report a rough sleeper
- Duty to refer - information for professionals