Houses which fall into disrepair, because they have been empty for a long time, reduce the value of other houses in the area, attract vermin, may become unsafe and can become the focal point for anti-social behaviour.
What happens once a problem has been reported?
We'll identify and contact the owner and encourage them to bring the property back into use. If this fails we may take enforcement action against the owner.
Bringing empty properties back into use
Properties are sometimes left empty for quite valid reasons. If you're a property owner who is:
- having problems selling or letting your property
- waiting for the right time to sell because of negative equity
- having problems renovating your house to an acceptable standard
We can help you bring your home back into use, or find tenants for properties which meet the Decent Homes Standard.
Contact us for more information on:
- advertising your property to let
- letting your property to homeless or vulnerable people
- help to manage your repairs and improvements using our property management service