Covid-19 advice and information
The government's Living with Covid-19 plan describes the actions to protect the most vulnerable people from Covid-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
How to protect yourself and others
We advise that you consider continuing to follow safer behaviours to protect yourself and others and to help to reduce the spread of respiratory infections.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser.
- Cover your face and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
- Meet in ventilated areas or outdoors.
- Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces.
If you, or a member of your household, has symptoms of Covid-19 or other respiratory infections, you should:
- try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people
- work from home if you can
- if you have a medical or dental appointment or have workers in your home, tell them about your symptoms
- if you leave home, wear a mask, avoid crowded and enclosed spaces and stay away from those at high risk of Covid-19.
Following the Living safely with respiratory infections, including COVID-19 government guidance will help you to take steps to stay safe and protect others. Every action you take will reduce the spread of infection and ease the pressure on the NHS.