In County Durham, the NHS are delivering Covid-19 vaccinations at sites spread across the county.
The Covid-19 vaccine can help to stop you getting seriously ill or dying from coronavirus.
Please note for autumn boosters current eligibility is 50 and over, frontline health and social care workers, those at higher risk or who are pregnant and people who have or live with someone who has a weakened immune system. Within County Durham, both GP practices and some community pharmacy sites are offering Covid-19 vaccines. Community Pharmacy Sites are available to book via the National Booking Site. GP practices use local booking systems and will be contacting patients in priority order to book appointments at our GP practices.
Find your nearest walk in clinic for the Covid-19 vaccine at County Durham Care Partnership: Where and when you can get a walk-in Covid-19 jab in County Durham.
The free Covid-19 vaccination is offered on the NHS, find out which Covid-19 vaccine you are eligible for below:
- everyone aged five and over can get a first and second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine
- people aged 16 and over, and some children aged 12 to 15, can also get a booster dose
- people aged five and over who had a severely weakened immune system when they had their first two doses, will be offered a third dose before any booster doses
- some people, including those aged 50 years or over, those at higher risk or who are pregnant, and frontline health and social care workers, will be offered a seasonal booster (autumn booster).
If you're one of the eligible groups, you should make sure you have all of your Covid-19 vaccinations and boosters to protect yourself against the virus.
You may also be eligible for the flu vaccination, find information at NHS: flu vaccination.
How to stay safe
Vaccination is the best protection against Covid-19. However, there are things you can still do to help to prevent the spread of the virus:
- wash hands for 20 seconds and often
- wear a face covering in crowded spaces
- give others space
- introduce fresh air and meet outdoors where possible