Training for unpaid carers
We work in partnership with Durham County Carers Support to provide training courses and events for unpaid carers.
This is a great way for you to gain knowledge and to meet other carers in a relaxed environment.
Courses range from practical help with caring such as Managing Medication, Infection Prevention and Control through to digital skills and areas that focus on your own wellbeing and development.
Durham County Carers Support
Durham County Carers Support also offer a variety of different services to local carers including: Durham County Carers Support
- specialist advice and information
- home visits or meet in a venue more suitable to the carer giving time to talk through the challenges and find solutions
- practical help with completing forms, gaining benefits, grants and other funding
- a listening ear, telephone, email and social media support plus counselling
- support in meetings, referrals to specialist services, find ways through the maze of services
- training, workshops and events promoting opportunities for peer support, gaining skills and knowledge
- ensuring carers have a voice shaping services
Courses for unpaid family carers from Durham County Carers Support
Contact us to register on any of these courses.
- County Durham Care Academy
- 03000 260 222
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ