Our schools provide a cafeteria-style service offering a full range of freshly prepared dishes - including healthy snacks, traditional meals, deli and salad bars.
Cost of a school meal
Primary and day special
- Pupil £2.20
- Durham County Council Nursery £2.20
- Private Nursery (Governor Lead) £2.64 (£2.20 + 20% VAT)
- Adult £2.64 (£2.20 + 20% VAT)
- School meal £2.35
Some children, including all children in reception, year 1 and year 2, are entitled to free school meals.
Paying for school meals
Please check with your child's school for details of how to pay.
Our healthy, nutritional menus are created using fresh, regional produce and where possible, quality assured meat and fish from sustainable sources.
- School meals - primary school menu
- School meals - secondary school menu
- School meals - Taylor Shaw menu
Special dietary requirements
We can provide tailored school meals for children with special dietary requirements or medically related diets. Contact your child's school for further information.