Volunteer at Lumiere
We are now recruiting volunteer Festival Makers for Lumiere 2021.
See what other opportunities are available and apply now through the Culture and sport volunteering portal.
Follow #LumiereDurham for the latest news and information about Lumiere 2021.
What will you be doing?
There's a range of roles you could be involved in to make sure the festival runs smoothly. You could be:
- welcoming visitors to Durham, helping them find their way around and providing advice on how to get the best Lumiere Durham experience
- telling people about the artworks
- helping to run the Festival Visitor Hub
- if you're local - sharing your knowledge of the city
- offering practical help when needed such as delivering items to production staff.
If you have special skills or interests, for example if you're a qualified first aider, please let us know.
What commitment do you need to give?
Lumiere runs over four evenings - Thursday 18 to Sunday 21 November 2021. You'll need to be available for at least two shifts of between 4 and 7.5 hours during this time. There may be some volunteer roles in the run up to the event too, but we'll confirm these with you around your availability and skills.
You'll also need to come to a couple of meetings beforehand.
What's in it for you?
We know we couldn't do it without our volunteers but what do you get out of it?
- be part of something big - over 240,000 people visited Lumiere Durham 2019
- be in the know - be among the first to learn about plans for Lumiere Durham 2021
- go behind the scenes - learn first-hand how a major arts event is run
- add to your CV - build on your skills and experience
Lumiere is produced by Artichoke, commissioned by Durham County Council, and supported by Arts Council England.
- Culture and Sport
- 03000 266 555
Our address is:
- Regeneration and Local Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UL