Mental health support for children, young people and families
We all have emotions and feelings but sometimes children and young people can find it difficult to manage these emotions.
Talking about feelings can be tough but it is good to talk to someone if you are struggling. There are lots of things you can do to help your mental health.
- exercise and moving your body
- eating healthily
- connecting with other people
- learning something new or taking up a new hobby
- taking notice or being present in the moment
- giving time to others
Where to get support
Here are some places you can get additional support and advice from:
- Fun and food
- NHS: Help for teenagers, young adults and students
- NSPCC: Children's mental health
- NHS Every Mind Matters: Mental wellbeing tips
Some children and young people may need some extra support. Take a look at our handy guide, which you can also download and print: