Welcome to Durham's Local Offer
Our Local Offer information has been developed to allow parents, carers and young people see more clearly what services are available locally to meet their educational needs and/or disabilities from birth to the age of 25.
On the Local Offer you will find information, advice and guidance about services and support available to you covering what is available across education, health and social care for children and young people who have special educational needs (SEN) or are disabled. This includes those who do not have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
A dedicated Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and our Local Offer section has been created on our website and a directory of services are linked to through our Families Information Service: Local Offer.
Information included in the Local Offer
The Local Offer includes what is available in the County Durham area for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) during their time in education.
- sources of support, advice and information
- education, health and care provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEN
- how services can be accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people move between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- leisure activities
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEN Tribunal
- information on the review and development of the Local Offer itself
Watch this short film made by the Council for Disabled Children which explains what you need to know about the Local Offer:
Local Offer pages of neighbouring councils across the north east
- Cumbria County Council - Cumbria County Council: SEND Local Offer
- Darlington Borough Council - Darlington's SEND Local Offer
- Gateshead Council - Gateshead's Local Offer
- Hartlepool Borough Council - Hartlepool Local Offer
- Middlesbrough Council - Middlesbrough Family Service Directory & Local Offer
- Newcastle City Council - Newcastle SEND Local Offer
- North Tyneside Council - North Tyneside's Local Offer: Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- North Yorkshire County Council - North Yorkshire's SEND local offer
- Northumberland County Council - Northumberland Local Offer SEND 0 to 25 years
- Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council - Redcar & Cleveland's SEND Local Offer
- South Tyneside Council - South Tyneside Local Offer
- Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council - Stockton's Local Offer on Stockton Information Directory
- Sunderland City Council - Local Offer on Sunderland Information Point