Come and visit our country parks. They are fantastic places to come for a walk, have a picnic, watch wildlife and enjoy the fresh air.
- Hardwick Park. This site is fully accessible.
- Pow Hill, north of Edmundbyers. There is one easy access route.
- Waldridge Fell, near Chester-le-Street. There are two easy access routes.
For more countryside information, please click on one of the links below:
- Visit our countryside
- Picnic areas
- Nature reserves
- Railway paths
- Countryside events and guided walks
- Support your local environment by becoming a countryside volunteer.
There are designated barbecue areas at both Hardwick Park and Wharton Park. Unauthorised fires and barbecues are not permitted on any other of our countryside sites.