Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Adoption Support Passport (ASP)

This page tells you about the Adoption Support Passport (ASP) which can help adoptive families with education, pay and leave, housing and access to the Adoption Support Fund.

Got a question about adoption support?  Contact us for advice on where to get help.

What's available through the ASF?


The following may be available to help your child with their education: 

Adoption pay and leave

Adoption pay and leave is available when your child first comes to live with you. Check with your employer for their individual policy. 


If you live in social housing and claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, you may be entitled to priority housing. Contact your local housing service for advice and information.