Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Following a steep rise in cases across the region, the whole of the North East has been named as an area that will receive additional support. You can read the latest statement from LA7 leaders. There are no additional restrictions on the area or residents but with cases of Covid higher than ever before everyone is asked to continue to act carefully and responsibly. Further information will be provided as it becomes available. See Covid-19 advice and information for advice on how to stay safe. Thank you for playing your part in helping to keep the North East open and protect others.

Domestic abuse - help and support

If you are a victim of domestic abuse, help and support is available, regardless of age, gender and sexuality.

If you are in immediate danger please call 999.

Get help

We understand that the first call for help is a big step.

We work with Harbour Support - a specialist domestic abuse service that helps people living in County Durham.

Contact Harbour on 03000 202 525 or by email or you can use their live chat function on the Harbour Support website.

Your call will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively, you do not have to face your problems alone.

You could also go to your GP, health visitor, social worker, housing officer or the police who can get advice on your behalf.

Women's refuge

If you are a woman and need to leave your home, women's refuges are available.

Forced marriage and 'honour-based' violence

You have the right to choose. If you or someone you know is being forced into a marriage or is a victim of honour-based violence, contact Choices Forced Marriage Helpline on 08005 999 365.

Family support

If you do not think you are a victim of domestic abuse but are concerned about conflict/arguments in your relationship (whether you are together or separated) and the impact this may have on your child, the 'Relationships Matter' programme can give you free support and space to talk. 

See Help with family relationships for more information.

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Twitter Print this page