Full Circle - support for children living with a kinship carer
If you look after a child under a kinship care arrangement, we may be able to offer support.
Support we can offer
We support carers by providing information, advice, training and tailored support. This will help you to understand the impact of difficult and traumatic childhood experiences and how you can support stability and healing for your child.
We will start by assessing what support you need and giving you advice and guidance. Following this, you may be offered a place on our Kinship Carers Therapeutic Parenting Training to support you to provide a safe, loving home for your child and promote healing and good outcomes for them.
We can also work with you to create therapeutic letters, stories and explanations that we write very carefully to help explain even the most difficult things to children and young people, because knowing and understanding can help with healing.
What people say about us
- "Just a few words to say thank you so much for our sessions as they have been invaluable to me. I am being praised for the care I'm giving my little one, but the truth is you are a big factor in this process. The support and advice you have given me has meant that I have been able to cope and manage the situation, without that I think I may have burnt out by now. Once again, thank you."
- "We are both really grateful for the advice you have gave us and for being there to listen, you are an easy person to talk to, very honest, understanding, caring (and funny)... Thanks again you do a fantastic job and we cannot think of any feedback that could have improved your time with us, keep doing what you are doing."
What people say about our Kinship Carers training
- "An enjoyable time during a delicate and sometimes emotional course when thinking about our loved ones."
- "Ladies were really good at explaining everything, it helps me understand my children more."
- "I can see where her behaviour comes from and why now."
How to get support
Speak to your social worker or One Point worker who can contact us to make a referral.
- Full Circle
- 03000 264 730