Overview and Scrutiny guidance for witnesses
The County Council appoints six committees to carry out the scrutiny function.
These are a Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Management Board and five thematic committees:
- Adults, Wellbeing and Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Safer Stronger Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Children and Young People Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Environment and Sustainable Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Economy and Enterprise Overview and Scrutiny Committee
An important element of overview and scrutiny is to ensure appropriate input from partners, members of the public and external agencies who are recipients of council services.
Most detailed scrutiny work is carried out by committees although they may appoint a smaller group to carry out investigations and scrutinise in some depth.
Meetings are usually held during the day, are formal committees and are open to the public.
Contact us for a copy of the guidance for witnesses.
- Scrutiny Team
- 03000 265 978
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UL