Find out if you qualify for a Blue Badge
If you have a disability that can cause mobility problems you may be entitled to a parking permit that allows you to park in disabled parking bays.
Blue Badge permits are recognised across the European Union enabling holders, who travel as either drivers or passengers, to park close to where they need to go.
Find out if you, the person you're applying on behalf of, or your organisation can get a pass by using the government's Gov.uk: Blue Badge eligibility checker.
Who qualifies for a Blue Badge
Blue Badge permits are available for people who:
- have severe mobility problems or difficulty walking
- are severely sight impaired
- are children under 3 who need essential medical equipment which is too heavy to carry around
- have hidden or non-physical disabilities such as autism, dementia and anxiety disorders that causes you to:
- be unable to walk
- experience very considerable difficulty when walking, which may include very considerable psychological distress
- be at risk of serious harm, or pose a risk of serious harm to other people, when walking
Applications will be considered against the appropriate rules in force at the time you applied.