South Moor Library
South Moor Library is in Severn Crescent, next door to the Boys' Club and is accessible for people with disabilities. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: 1.00pm - 5.00pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 1.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
The nearest bus stop is 100 yards away from the library, served by the 78, Chester-le-Street to Stanley bus. Car parking is available at the side and rear of the library.
Cycle parking facilities - there are currently none available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: South Moor Library
- Reading Group - contact us for more details
- Toddler Time - Last Friday of every month, 11.15am - 11.45am
- Get Creative - First Friday of every month, 10.00am - 11.00am