If you want to take your first steps in improving your health and fitness, or if you just want to stay healthy, come along and try our free, short, led health walks. They are taking place every week in local communities across County Durham.
Follow Walk Durham on Facebook.
Why walk more?
- It's sociable, free and on your doorstep
- Walking is the easiest and most accessible form of exercise
- Walking is good for your bones and muscles
- Walking helps beat stress and improve your mood
- Walking can make you feel more relaxed and improve your self esteem
- Walking can help you to manage your weight
- It can cut your risk of heart disease by up to 50%, reduce your risk of Type 2 Diabetes and the risk of some cancers.
What does Walk Durham offer?
- A programme of weekly, short (30 - 90 minutes), led walks across County Durham
- Information on existing walking groups across County Durham
- All walks led by trained walk leaders
- Safe, risk assessed routes
- Volunteering opportunities to deliver health walks in your local community
Timetable of walks
As soon as we're able to re-start our walks, we'll make our timetable available.
Become a walk leader
Visit our Culture and sport volunteering portal to find out more about becoming a walk leader.