Exclusive swimming for all disabled children and young people.
Splashability sessions provide an opportunity for disabled children, young people and adults to take part in a fun exercise whilst improving their confidence in the water.
Free Summer Splashability sessions
Our swimming pools are offering free Splashability sessions between Saturday 23 July and Sunday 4 September. The sessions are funded by Fun and food and are open to anyone with special education or disability needs, including their carers and family.
Free summer sessions take place as follows:
|Chester-le-Street Leisure Centre||Saturday||4.00pm - 5.00pm|
|Consett Leisure Centre||Friday||11.00am - 12.00 noon|
|Freeman's Quay Leisure Centre||Tuesday||11.00am - 12.00 noon|
|The Louisa Centre||Tuesday||2.30pm - 3.30pm|
|The Louisa Centre||Sunday||3.00pm - 4.00pm|
|Peterlee Leisure Centre||Saturday||11.00am - 12.00 noon|
|Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre||Thursday||3.00pm - 4.00pm|
|Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre||Friday||11.00am - 12.00 noon|
|Spennymoor Leisure Centre||Sunday||4.00pm - 5.00pm|
|Teesdale Leisure Centre||Tuesday||2.00pm - 3.00pm|
|Woodhouse Close Leisure Complex||Thursday||11.00am - 12.00 noon|
Terms and conditions - free Splashability Sessions Summer 2022
- Free Splashability sessions are open to anyone with special education or disability needs, including their carers and family.
- Only applicable to residents of County Durham.
- Must sign up for a free Thrive card.
- Normal pool admission and supervision policy applies.
- Free Splashability sessions is only available from Saturday 23 July to Sunday 4 September 2022.
- Offer is available at our following pools: Peterlee, Newton Aycliffe, Woodhouse Close, Teesdale, Freeman's Quay, Chester-le-Street, The Louisa Centre, Consett and Spennymoor Leisure Centre.
- Offer only for Splashability sessions.
- No bookings are necessary, first come first served at the pools.
- No cash alternative is available.