Mywellness app - Thrive Virtual
The Mywellness app by Technogym offers you an innovative digital app to help improve your lifestyle and supporting you to be active in the gym, at home or wherever you are.
The app offers virtual fitness plans, whether you want to get in shape, lose weight, build muscle or be more active. The app also features a mix of daily challenges, live and on demand workouts which adapt to your progress, helping you to reach your fitness goals faster. Plus, you can keep track of your progress linking to your fitness tracker and our Tanita body composition technology to help keep you motivated.
What's available on the app
- Live workouts with our fitness instructors in the virtual studio.
- Feel like you're part of a class with our hybrid programme where your instructor will be teaching the class to both people in the leisure centre and at home.
- Hundreds of on demand workouts available at any time.
- Daily challenges - pick your level easy, medium or pro.
- Fun weekly challenges.
- Monitor your progress with our Tanita body composition scales.
- Link to your activity tracker or fitness app so it never misses your activity, or use the in-app tracker.
Our workouts have been developed by instructors and coaches from across the country to help keep you motivated, with new challenges every month.
How to join
- Register for Mywellness Thrive Virtual using your smart phone or tablet. If you are new to Mywellness this will take you to the app store. Download the Mywellness app and create your account to get started. If you already have a Mywellness account, you will automatically be added to our Thrive Virtual site within the app.
- If you do not have a smart phone or tablet you can still register for a Mywellness account using any device with a web browser via the Thrive Live classes page.
Our instructors are ready to motivate you and to take you back to basics so that you can exercise in your way, at your pace and in your own time. Our virtual classes are available on demand at a time that suits you, or live with an instructor in the studio. With a hybrid class you experience a real time class from your living room, as our fitness instructor leads the class in both the leisure centre and at home.
- If you are using a smart phone or tablet you can view and take part in our Thrive Live or On Demand classes via the Mywellness app
- If you are using a device such as a PC, laptop or smart TV you can access your preferred type of class using the following links:
- Thrive Live classes
- On Demand classes
Tanita body composition technology
Tanita body scales use advanced technology to add another level to your workout. Tanita technology is available in our leisure centres and can help you track over 10 different measurements to support your fitness journey and give you a much better picture of your health.
Our Tanita scales can help track your:
- Body fat mass the weight of fat in your body.
- Segmental body fat percentage the measurement of body fat percentage per part of the body.
- Visceral fat which is found deep in the core of the abdomen.
- Muscle mass the predicted weight of muscle in your body.
- Segmental muscle mass the amount of muscle per body part.
- Muscle quality score indicates the condition of the muscles.
- Total body water is the amount of fluid in your body.
- Bone mass is the estimated weight of bone mineral in your body.
- Body type assess the percentage of muscle and body fat.
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the minimum amount of energy or calories your body requires to function effectively at rest.
- Metabolic rate compares your BMR with the average of your age group.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) a standardised ration of weight to height.
- Daily calorie intake (DCI) an estimate of how many calories you can consume within the next 24 hours to maintain your current weight.
- Resting heart rate can predict cardiovascular health.
Ask a member of gym staff at your local leisure centre for advice on using the Tanita scales.
- Technogym - mywellness app