It's Your Neighbourhood Campaign
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) It's Your Neighbourhood campaign opens for entries on Monday 28 November. The campaign encourages communities to come together and make their neighbourhoods a cleaner and greener place to live.
What is the It's Your Neighbourhood campaign?
The RHS It's Your Neighbourhood scheme provides an opportunity for smaller community groups to get involved in the wider RHS Northumbria in Bloom and Britain in Bloom competitions. It is a scheme for volunteer-led community gardening groups and horticultural enthusiasts to take part in projects that are relevant to local environment issues. This can include cleaning up a local park, revamping a run-down back alley or adding floral or planting displays to outdoor open spaces.
In the past eight years we have helped over 100 community led projects.
The scheme is free to enter and encourages projects that meet three core goals:
- community participation
- gardening achievement
- environmental responsibility.
Guidance and support
We can help groups entering the campaign with:
- funding through the Community Grant Scheme (see below)
- loan of equipment
- land ownership queries
- liaising with council departments to gain permissions for projects on public land
- advice on plants and planting
- links to schools for pupil involvement
- an extra pair of hands at your project - we can also provide health, safety and risk assessments when attending events
- advice on what the judges are looking for.
Community grant scheme - 2022/2023
This year's scheme opens for entries on Monday 28 November and applicants have until Friday 20 January to submit entries.
If you'd like more information about the It's Your Neighbourhood campaign, or other Civic Pride schemes, please contact us. Successful entries will be informed in early 2023.
- Civic Pride
- 03000 26 0000
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- Chilton Industrial Estate
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL17 0SD