Our leisure centres have a range of exercise classes to suit your needs, whether you're looking to ease yourself back with a gentle class or going full blast with a Metafit workout.
If you prefer an exercise class to a treadmill, a dance based class such as Zumba will burn just as many, if not more, calories. If you want to improve your core strength and flexibility you could try a Yoga or Pilates class to enhance your movement for everyday life.
If you are new to exercise, classes can be a great option to get started as you receive guidance from the instructor along with a structured class. People of different ages, abilities and backgrounds come together with lots of different goals, all without judgement or expectation from others. It's fun and fitness rolled into one so come along and give it a try.
View our Exercise class descriptions to help find the right class for you.
Exercise class timetable and booking information
You can view our current exercise timetable by visiting book online and select the 'book now' or timetable option. Classes can be booked up to seven days in advance. You can also view our exercise class descriptions to find out what each class involves.
Please sign up to a free Thrive card to enable you to book classes online.
If you attend exercise classes regularly you could save with a Gym memberships, which includes exercise classes.
Try our leisure centres for free with a three day complimentary pass. Simply call or visit your local leisure centre and ask for your free three day pass. Whether you prefer a workout in the gym, an exercise class or a dip in the pool our three day pass can help you find an activity that suits you.
Try our leisure centres for free with a three day complimentary pass. Simply call or visit your local leisure centre and ask for your free three day pass.
Whether you prefer a workout in the gym, an exercise class or a dip in the pool our three day pass can help you find an activity that suits you.
Indoor exercise classes
Our indoor exercise class programme offers a range of classes suitable for all abilities, from Pilates to HIIT workouts you can choose a workout to suit your fitness level. We also offer the popular Les Mills classes at most of our leisure centres.
Outdoor fitness classes
Our seasonal outdoor fitness class programme is unavailable during the winter months and is planned to restart in Spring 2022.
Our aqua classes are pool-based classes, using the resistance of the water and aerobic style moves. This is a great way to work out in a fun environment, while removing any impact on the joints. It is especially good for injury rehabilitation. Visit Aqua classes for more information.
Our gentle exercise programme is great for people starting their fitness journey. Our coaches design gentle exercise to suit you and can include seated aerobics, standing aerobics and gentle movements.
Our Move Easy classes are designed to 'ease you in' or 'welcome you back' to physical activity. A 20-30 minute class performed in a social circle. Rest or join in at your leisure and be guided by our instructors on your fitness journey. There may be a social element too!
Our community class programme 'Ways to wellbeing' is a programme which supports local community providers to offer beginner level activities for adults to improve their health and wellbeing. Visit Community classes to view the timetable.
Virtual exercise classes
Keeping active has never been so important and we want to help you get moving.
We have teamed up with Technogym to launch a mix of live and on-demand fitness programmes on the Mywellness app - Thrive Virtual. You'll find 100 pre-recorded classes from the fitness experts at Technogym alongside the familiar faces of fitness instructors and coaches from our leisure centres. You can also join our fitness instructors live for some of your favourite classes. Daily exercises, challenges and run programmes will continue to be available on the app.
Fitness class rules
Please note our guidance for attending an outdoor class:
- All places must be booked in advance as spaces are limited. Bookings can be made at Book a class online.
- If you need to cancel your booking, please do so at the earliest opportunity to allow others the chance to book.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your booking start time.
- Follow the guidance provided by our staff and signage when entering and exiting the facility.
- Please feel free to use your own mat and blocks. Mats are available to buy at reception.
- Please bring a drink.
- If you need to ask the coach any questions, please do so prior to the beginning of the class.
- Please make sure you have read and understand our Health commitment statement prior to participating in the class.
- Please respect the instructor and other participants.
- Only leave the class when instructed by your coach and follow the centre signage.
- Please wipe down any equipment using paper towels and cleaning product provided before and after use.
- View our exercise class descriptions for more detail on each class, including intensity levels.