Residential services for children and young people
We offer residential services for children and young people, providing support and care for young people who cannot live at home or who require a short break away from family or carers.
We have nine children's homes in County Durham and offer a range of different services. These include:
- a therapeutic home for children under 12 years
- a provision which can offer respite for young people where families are at risk of breakdown
- a short-break resource for children who have a disability
- a number of well-established medium to long term children's homes
Ofsted Inspectors have frequently commented on our experienced, highly motivated staff teams who will go the extra mile to ensure the best for children. The homes are well-appointed and welcoming and meet the standards set out in the Children's Homes Regulations 2015. The homes adopt a restorative approach to help young people develop empathy.
What can we offer?
- long-standing experience of working with young people and their families
- a well-established culture of working across agencies including Education, Youth Offending, Social Work, Health and the Police
- tight recruitment policies based on safeguarding children and young people, carefully monitored by our Human Resources team
- good quality mandatory training for all residential staff to meet all aspects of legislation
- additional quality training from a range of professionals to help us meet the needs of individual young people
- excellent staff retention resulting in well experienced, well developed work-force with a wide range of skills and interests
- excellent staffing structures with a good ratio of staff to young people appropriate to the 'Statement of Purpose' of the home
- Residential and Community Services
- 03000 263355
Our address is:
- 1 Brough Close
- Newton Aycliffe
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL5 6JB