Sign up to be a covid community champion
We want to keep everyone up to date with the latest information and guidance. However we know we don't always reach everyone - and that's why we'd like your help.
Please watch the video below from Amanda Healy, our Director of Public Health to find out more about our Covid Community Champion programme.
Covid-19: sign up to be a Covid Champion or a Covid Champion Plus and make a massive difference in a really simple way.
Why we need covid community champions
As a covid community champion, you'll be able to share the latest information with your friends, family or people you know. This could be in a conversation, through Facebook or WhatsApp groups, Zoom calls or any way that suits you.
By sharing the latest information and guidance with people you know, you could help to keep people safe and reduce the spread of Covid19 in our communities.
You don't need to belong to any clubs or groups or have children in school to be a champion - if you're in touch with your friends, family, people in your community or workplace we would like your help.
Covid Champion Plus
If you'd like to do more than share information, you may consider taking on the role of a Covid Champion Plus - for more information see Covid community champion roles.
How it works
- We give you the most up to date information and messages to share
- You can also use the resources from TOOLKIT GALLERY (posters, social media)
- We keep it simple - the website is regularly updated and we'll send you updates via text, emails and virtual drop in sessions
- You share this information and help us reach hundreds and thousands more people across the county
- We share with you - you share with 20 people - they share with more
- We share with 50 champions - they share with 1,000 people - they share with more
- You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and share our posts on social media
You don't need to create your own messages or posters - we give you the messages you need.
We want to hear from you
As well as us sharing the latest information with you, we want to know what you and your community thinks. We want to know what's working well in our communities and what isn't, what questions people are asking and what people think we can do better.
We'll arrange virtual drop-in sessions so we can keep in touch with you on a regular basis.
You don't need any training to become a champion. We just want to support you to share our messages with the people you know.
If you do sign up to become a Covid Champion Plus, you'll be invited to attend training online.
What you can do now
- Covid-19: sign up to be a Covid Champion or a Covid Champion Plus
- Keep an eye on our Covid-19 advice and information, where we add the latest government guidance
- Follow us on DCC on Facebook and DCC on Twitter, and start sharing our posts on your social media networks (for example Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp)
- See our Covid-19 toolkit (resource pack) which displays a gallery of key messages and posters to download.