Contact us by British Sign Language
If you use British Sign Language (BSL) you can contact us using our video relay service.
The service is provided in partnership with SignVideo and gives our deaf or hard of hearing BSL users live access to customer services.
If you are Deaf or hard of hearing and use British Sign Language (BSL), you can talk to us 8.30am - 5.00pm (Monday - Thursday) and 8.30am - 4.30pm (Friday) through an Online British Sign Language interpreter.
Contacting a BSL interpreter
To use the service you will need an internet enabled device (a minimum 2mbps upload and download internet speed broadband is recommended) with video capability.
- click to talk to an Online British Sign Language interpreter
- you will be connected to an interpreter who will confirm that you want to contact Durham County Council
Minimum device requirements
Before using the service, please check your device meets one of the following requirements:
- an Apple mobile device running iOS 11 or above
- an Android device running Android 4.4 or above
- a desktop or laptop computer with the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox
For troubleshooting and technical help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3388 0771.
Other support for BSL users
We are committed to making information more accessible for people who use British Sign Language (BSL).
Our Adult Sensory Support Team page provides an introduction the Adult Sensory Support service and the support available for people with a hearing loss. It contains BSL videos that will provide background on the various services we provide to help people with a hearing impairment.