Adult and Health Services
Adult and Health Services works to support adult care and public health in County Durham.
There are four service areas within Adult and Health Services:
- adult care
- public health
- operational support
- partnerships and community engagement (engagement and training, County Durham Partnership, Area Action Partnerships)
- work with partner organisations to reduce health inequalities and early deaths
- commission and provide services to improve quality of life, independence and care and support for people with long term conditions
- work with partners in the public and voluntary and community sectors, we aim to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the population
- protect vulnerable people from harm is part of our statutory duty, working with local safeguarding and social care services
The Corporate Director of Adult and Health Services is Jane Robinson.