Children and Young People's Services
Children and Young People's Services bring together a number of functions to help support children, young people and families in County Durham.
To deliver these services, there are two service areas within Children and Young People's Services:
- protect vulnerable people from harm as part of our statutory duty, working with local partners
- work with schools and partner organisations to ensure that children and young people are supported to achieve, attain and be prepared for adulthood
- help children and young people make positive and healthy choices
- support a range of intervention and prevention services to improve outcomes for families
- work with the police and other partners to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- look after children and young people in public care and care leavers
- provide adoption services
The Corporate Director of Children and Young People's Services is John Pearce.
Political structures and partnership boards
Download contact us.. If you have difficulty reading the document, please