Pollution of water courses, including becks and streams, is dealt with by the Environment Agency.
What can we do
In the event of a water pollution incident that may pose a risk to public health, we can assist the Environment Agency with the investigation if required. We can also help:
- by referring incidents to them
- by ensuring emissions from regulated industry are within statutory guidelines, and
- preventing pollution of water courses by carrying out our duties in relation to contaminated land control.
What can you do
You can contact the environment agency directly. Details of how to contact the Environment Agency are:
- General Enquiries Tel: 03708 506 506 (Mon-Fri, 8am - 6pm)
- Incident Hotline Tel: 0800 807060 (24 hour service)
- Website: Environment Agency
If you require any further information please contact us.