Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Due to essential maintenance, the following systems will be unavailable from 6.00pm on Monday 2 October until 8.00am on Tuesday 3 October: our online council tax, business rates and housing benefit services, and our welfare assistance form. You will also not be able to register to pay council tax online, make a change of address for council tax or cancel single person discount. You are still able to make a payment during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Home improvement grants, loans and advice

If you're struggling to pay for essential repairs, or if you are disabled or elderly and need adaptations to your home, we may be able to help.

Essential improvements, repairs and adaptations

A home improvement loan is a low cost, means-tested loan for homeowners who need it most. See our Home Improvement Loan Scheme information.

Living independently

Disabled facilities grants can help you live independently by helping fund adaptations to your home. See our Disabled Facilities Grant information.  

Care and support

Many companies can help you live in your home, from providing adaptations to equipment to help you carry out everyday activities, as well as providing personal care - see our Equipment and services in your home information.

Help to heat your home

You may be able to keep your home warmer and save money on, or get help with, your gas and electricity bills. See our Warmer, energy efficient and environmentally friendly housing information.