Armed Forces staff network
The Armed Forces staff network is open to all staff in the council.
The group offers a supportive and welcoming environment to members of the armed forces community, whether they are a spouse/partner of serving personnel, a reservist, a cadet force adult volunteer, a veteran, or a close family member of any of these.
We seek to influence and are consulted on new developments and changes to policy that affect the armed forces community.
The primary aim of Armed Forces group is to ensure staff who are members of the armed forces community can discuss any issues which may affect them in a safe and confidential environment and to ensure that we honour our obligations to the Armed Forces Covenant within the Council's policies, processes and procedures.
Our key areas of focus are:
- Assist in developing a culture of inclusion, helping to break down barriers and improve understanding.
- To help raise awareness and attempt to ensure equitable representation and distribution of support for members of the community and its allies.
- To source and secure training for both members of the network and staff from the wider council around Armed Forces issues.
- Human resources (HR) policies and procedures - the network aims to provide feedback on proposed HR policies and procedures, to help ensure they are as inclusive as possible.
- To exist as part of the wider DCC group of staff networks, who all share similar aims for various different communities and protected characteristics.
We support various events throughout the year, including Armed Forces Day and Remembrance Day.
If you are thinking of applying for a role at the council and would like to know more about the group or working for the council contact us.
- Equality and Diversity
- 03000 268 019
Our address is:
- Room 4/139
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UF