Full Circle - support for children and young people with a social worker
We support children, young people and their families who have a social worker with our council.
The service is available to young people up to the age of 18 years, or 25 for care leavers and for adopted young people or those in kinship care:
- Full Circle - support for care leavers
- Full Circle - support for children and families before and after adoption
- Full Circle - support for children living with a kinship carer
We work with children and young people who have been abused or neglected, and the impact of the abuse or neglect is affecting their day to day functioning and emotional wellbeing. Your social worker will work with you to agree whether therapeutic support is needed, and it should form part of your plan. We will make sure the most appropriate support is provided.
Support we can offer
We support parents and carers by providing information, advice, training and tailored support. This will help you to understand the impact of difficult and traumatic childhood experiences and how you can support stability and healing for your child.
We also work with children and young people to help them look back and make sense of what happened, or to find ways to cope with and better manage their emotions and reactions in the here and now. We can work with the child and parents or carers together using a range of appropriate methods to support the whole family. We can also work with you and your social worker to create therapeutic letters, stories and explanations that we write very carefully to help explain even the most difficult things, because knowing and understanding can help with healing.
What people say about us
- "It's helped me loads as talking with you always does. I can't thank you enough for all the support you give us. We have all come a long way and *** is in a much better place than where he was when this all came to the surface. It was invaluable reflecting and gave me peace of mind that there is still hope that we can continue to make a difference."
- "I just wanted to thank you for your advice, reassurance and support. It is not often the role of residential workers are recognised! It certainly isn't an easy role...Your continuing support and responsiveness is hugely appreciated."
- "We are definitely going to miss you. Thank you in advance for all your help. You have made such a positive impact on the children and I. I'm definitely a better person for having met you. Will stop now because I'm feeling weepy! Forever grateful."
- "The attachment training was fantastic, without a doubt the best training we have taken during our 10 years as foster carers; a real eye opener."
How to get support
Speak to your social worker who can contact us to make a referral.
- Full Circle
- 03000 264 730