The Health and Wellbeing Framework for schools and education settings
The Health and Wellbeing Framework has been developed to support schools and education settings in County Durham to improve the overall health and wellbeing of their children, young people and staff.
It will provide structure and guidance for schools and education settings to enable the promotion and development of good health and wellbeing.
The framework is underpinned by a resilience-based approach and aims to support education settings to look holistically at the mental, physical and emotional health and wellbeing of the whole setting population.
Go to our Health and Wellbeing Framework website.
What we want the Health and Wellbeing Framework to achieve
- All children, young people and staff to be included and experience a positive and supportive environment that enhances learning and development opportunities.
- All schools and education settings to be able to identify strengths and needs and respond appropriately to these by identifying priorities for action.
- For the leadership and governance of the setting to value health and wellbeing as a key element of their provision.
- For everyone to be aware that good health and wellbeing is closely associated with positive education outcomes.
- For all settings to be able to access a range of support and interventions linked to their identified needs.
- Public Health
- 03000 264 109
Our address is:
- County Hall
- Adult and Health Services
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UJ