Consultation on updates to our County Durham Residential Amenity Standards Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
We want your views on proposed updates to the document that provides details on a range of householder extensions and work, privacy distances and garden dimensions for newly built properties.
We are reviewing our Residential Amenity Standards SPD which was adopted in January 2020.
What we are proposing
We are proposing some minor changes to the document including:
- privacy distances: more clarity to ensure we will apply more consistency in the interpretation of the standards
- extensions: more refined guidance for extensions for single and two storey rear extensions
- roofs: more detailed guidance on alterations to roofs which includes guidance on hip to gable extensions and roof openings and windows
- externals: additional guidance around walls, fences and driveways (including driveway lengths which is now consistent with our Parking and Accessibility Supplementary Planning Document), hardstanding and garage conversions to reflect an area of work which has grown significantly over the last 18 months
Have your say
The closing date for comments was Tuesday 7 June 2022 at 5.00pm.
What happens next
Responses to the consultation will be included in a Statement of Community Involvement and will be considered prior to adoption of the final document in Summer 2022.
- Spatial Policy
- 03000 261 908
Our address is:
- FREEPOST Spatial Policy
- No further address info, or stamp needed