Growing Up in County Durham Strategy
The Growing Up in County Durham Strategy is a partnership strategy for all children and young people and their families in County Durham
The strategy explains, in a way that everyone can understand, what we are going to do to achieve our vision, which is:
County Durham Supports all children, young people and their families to achieve their goals in life, in an environment that is safe, happy and healthy.
The document sets out:
- what our six priority areas are for the three year period 2023-25
- how we have decided what they are
- who we have including in developing them
- who is responsible for delivering them
- how they fit in with our other plans and strategies
- how we will know we have made a difference
We looked at the data, listened to people's experience and worked with, amongst other partners, the County Durham Youth Council and Investing in Children to try to understand what children, young people and their families need to thrive.