Fitness suite rules
To help keep our gyms a fun and safe place to exercise for all we ask our members to follow our fitness suite rules.
- Always wear clean, appropriate and inoffensive clothing whilst exercising.
- Shirts/tops must be worn at all times.
Food and drinks
- Please don't eat food or chew gum within the fitness suite.
- It is not recommended to eat a heavy meal before exercise.
- Drinks must be placed in appropriate holder or tables provided.
- We recommend you bring your own drink, water fountains are available at some sites.
- Always ask an instructor before attempting any exercise or equipment you are unfamiliar with.
- Please ask a member of staff for your programme card.
- Always maintain correct posture whilst using the equipment.
- Always make sure the machine settings are correct.
- Replace weights after use.
- When the fitness suite is busy please limit your training time to no more than 12 minutes per machine.
- For the safety of yourself and others, please do not abuse the equipment or the facilities provided.
- Respect staff and other members.
- Please leave the fitness suite to receive or make telephone calls.
- Personal training is not permitted in any facility.
Health and safety
- If at any time before, during or after exercise you feel unwell please inform a member of staff immediately.
- During busy periods please do not train in groups of more than two people.
- Always refer to the displayed user guidelines before entering sauna and steam areas.
- Please inform staff of any changes to your health status or medication.
- Members aged under 16 years must carry a programme card.
- Anyone under 16 years old wishing to carry out new exercises or use new equipment, must speak to a member of staff first.
- Please wipe down the machines after use.
- Please be mindful of hand hygiene during your visit.Hand washing and sanitising facilities are provided in our buildings.
- Please do not leave personal belongings unattended in the gym or anywhere else in the building.
- Please use the lockers provided.
- Please inform a member of staff about any changes in address or contact telephone numbers.
- Please refrain from using bad language whilst in the centre.
- Please report any accidents, breakages or faulty equipment to a member of staff immediately.
- Aggressive or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated and membership will be suspended.
- Management have the right to refuse entry.
- If you cannot attend your pre booked class you must inform reception a minimum of 12 hours before the class start time. Management reserve the right to restrict further bookings by repeat offenders.