Care Academy partner training
The Care Academy works together with local partners and other organisations to offer training to adult social care staff in County Durham.
These courses are suitable for adult social care professionals who want to keep up to date with current working practices, legislation and reduce skills gaps.
- Care of the Catheterized Patient for Health Care Assistants
- Care of the Catheterized Patient for Registered Healthcare Professionals
- Carers Resource on Education in Woundcare (CREW) programme
- Falls Prevention training
- Health Call Digital Care Home training
- Mental Capacity Act training
- NHS Medicines Optimisation: Training Non Registered Medicine Workforce
- The Management of Oral Health Care and Complying with CQC "Smiling Matters" recommendations
- Using email training
- Using Microsoft Excel training
- Using social media training
- Making technology accessible to everyone training
- Frauds, scams and cyber security training
- Using Microsoft Teams training
Other learning and resources
Wellbeing For Life: Training Courses - Wellbeing For Life deliver courses that will support individuals and those who work with others, to raise their awareness in subjects that will improve their mental and physical health.
Social Care Information and Learning Services (SCILS) is an online learning resource/community dedicated to the health and social care sector. A wide range of social care materials are available either for online or group learning along with other services that support social care professionals in furthering their knowledge.
Education Information and Learning Services (EILS) provides information and materials relating to the care of children.
Local social care providers are currently able to use SCILS or EILS free of charge, as this access has been funded by the council. Please use the County Durham Care Academy online form to request your SCILS/EILS log in code.
Training - Durham Safeguarding Adults - Employers must ensure that staff, including volunteers, are trained in recognising the signs and symptoms of abuse or neglect, how to respond, and where to go for advice and assistance. Durham Safeguarding Partnership have a range of training and resources available to professionals.
County Durham Training Hub (courses) - County Durham small or medium sized organisation (SME) and voluntary and community sector (VCS) Business Training Hub is committed to building the mental health, wellbeing and community resilience of all SMEs and VCS organisations across County Durham. This training is free for anyone working for a SME and VCS organisation with fewer than 250 staff based in County Durham.
Learning from Events- Skills for Care Digital Learning Module - This 35 minute, interactive module is designed to support managers and leaders in all adult care settings carry out learning reviews.
PrescQIPP is a Skills for Care Endorsed Provider - All courses are CPD accredited and several courses carry a NICE endorsement statement.
- County Durham Care Academy
- County Durham Care Academy
- 03000 260 222
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ