Staff wellbeing in early years settings
We all experience mental health. Like our physical health it changes constantly and is affected by what is happening around us. Looking after your own mental health and wellbeing is just as important as supporting those you work with. There are care and support services available to help you.
Durham Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme delivered by Health Assured is a programme aimed at helping staff deal with any personal or professional problems which could be impacting on their general health and wellbeing.
Expert advice and compassionate guidance is available to Durham County Council staff and their immediate family members 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, covering a wide range of issues, including: life support, legal information, bereavement assistance, medical information and cognitive behavioural therapy online. Contact Health Assured on 0800 716 017.
Health Assured Online Wellbeing Portal
The portal has been designed to quickly inform and assist with a number of common issues ranging from stress to diet. This includes helpful fitness and wellbeing advice, four week self-help programmes, mini health checks and more.
To access the portal go to Health Assured. Contact us for login details.
Other sources of information
- MIND - Resources and tools to support staff wellbeing in the workplace
- Mental health foundation - Podcasts and videos to support mental health and wellbeing
- NHS: Free your mind - tools and resources to support welling
- NHS: One you - tools and resources to support wellbeing
- Gov.uk: workplace health - free online course key evidence, data and signposting to trusted resources to help prevent illness, protect health and promote wellbeing.
- Samaritans: wellbeing in the workplace online learning - free online course to teaches employees the skills to look after their emotional health and look out for others, before they reach crisis point
- Living Life to the Full - free online courses covering low mood, stress and resilience
- Early years
- 03000 268 917
Our address is:
- Early Years Workforce Development Team
- Children and Young People's Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- DH1 5UJ