How to prevent the spread of Covid-19 if your child is at school
You should always follow the rules that your school has in place for dropping off and picking up your child.
In addition to these rules please remember:
- Wearing a face covering where appropriate or if someone else was uncomfortable if I did not wear a mask.
- Washing hands with soap and water or using hand sanitiser.
- Covering face and mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Consider individual risks, such as clinical vulnerabilities and vaccination status.
- Avoid gathering in groups at the school gate or when they have left the school area.
- Stay at home and get a PCR test if you or your child show symptoms of, or have tested positive for Covid-19.
- If you have a child who is self-isolating, they cannot come with you to pick brothers or sisters up from school.
The Covid-19 vaccines are safe and effective. One dose is being offered to children aged 12 to 15 to give them the best protection against Covid-19. You can find more information in the following letter: