How to prevent the spread of Covid-19 if your child is at school
You should always follow the rules that your school has in place for dropping off and picking up your child.
In addition to these rules please remember:
- Parents should not gather in groups at the school gate or when they have left the school area. Keep 2 metres apart from anyone who is not from your household or support bubble. Where you cannot stay 2 metres apart you should stay more than 1 metre apart and take additional steps to stay safe (such as wearing a face covering).
- Your child cannot mix with other children from outside of your household or support/childcare bubble outside of school. This is regardless of whether they are in a bubble with those children in school.
- If you have a child who has been asked to self-isolate they cannot come with you to pick brothers or sisters up from school.
- If you have been asked to self-isolate you cannot pick your children up from school.
- Remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly every day.
- If you or any member of your household has symptoms of Covid-19 you need to self-isolate and get a test. See What to do if you think you have coronavirus for further information.