Assisted Moving and Handling
This course is delivered in partnership with First Response Training and provides support, advice, and practical solutions in relation to the Safer Moving and Handling of People in all care settings.
Who the course is for?
This course is designed for all those working within health and social care and provide hands on care to service users and patients in all care settings.
This course is blended, you will complete an E-Learning Assisted Moving and Handling - Theory course which includes a short assessment prior to attending the face to face hands on practical based learning.
The E-Learning element covers all aspects of Health and Safety and Manual Handling Legislation and elements of looking after yourself physically when undertaking moving and handling as part of care practice, this will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
The practical element is delivered in a training room over 3 hours with a range of equipment to practice with, guidance and instruction will be provided on a range of handling equipment including hoists, slings, standing and transferring equipment, side sheets and in bed system and equipment used to raise people from the floor.
What you will learn
By completing this course, you will:
- Improve your understanding of the importance of maintaining your safety at work and those you care for
- Be able to promote and develop principles of Moving and Handling
- Understand the principles behind effective risk assessing of manual handling activities
- Understand the legislation and how to look after yourself when Moving and Handling
- Knowledge of safe principles of handling in relation to supporting the service user with their mobility and everyday tasks, such as walking, sitting, and getting in and out of bed
- Gain skills and knowledge in relation to safer working practice
- Guidance and instruction on a range of moving and handling equipment including hoists, slings, standing and transferring equipment
- Transferable practical skills that can be developed to meet the needs of a variety of health and social care environments
Course dates and times
If you require this training, please contact us to express an interest and we will notify you if any future dates are planned.
- County Durham Care Academy
- 03000 260 222