Sport and leisure development team
We know how much you value taking part in sport and physical activity, and that's why we work tirelessly to provide you with a wide range of facilities, activity programmes and support services across the County to help ensure you stay active and healthy.
Working with, and on behalf of a range of partners, including the National Health Service (NHS) and Sport England, the purpose of our sport and physical development team is to:
- increase and sustain participation in sport and physical exercise
- help you maintain a healthy lifestyle
- inspire you to excel in your chosen sport.
What do we do?
Our broad range of services can be grouped into two main areas:
At a local level
We offer a range of support and funding to help voluntary sport and physical activity organisation to start, succeed and grow:
- Area based teams who can support you in developing sport and physical activity opportunities for your local community.
- Deliver a community health programme supported by specialist physical activity consultants to help you lead a more active lifestyle and improve your health and wellbeing.
At a strategic level
Quite simply we are focused on attracting resources and planning with partner organisations to ensure you are offered a broad choice of quality activities.
Our main areas of work include:
- Club Durham
- Volunteer Durham
- community health
- children and young people
- Disability Sport
- women's sport
- Durham Institute of Sport
If you'd like to get in touch, please contact us.
- Culture and Sport
- 03000 266 555
Our address is:
- Regeneration and Local Services
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UL