Partnerships we work with
We work in partnership with organisations and individuals on a wide range of initiatives and projects. This helps ensure everything we do is the best it can be. This page gives details of the partners we work with to provide services to the people of County Durham.
Area Action Partnerships
Our Area Action Partnerships work with community groups, organisations and individuals to provide better all-round services for people in the county.
Brighter Bishop Auckland
We work with statutory, voluntary and community agencies who have come together to form the Brighter Bishop Auckland partnership.
We work with organisations to help business develop in the county:
- Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS)
- Durham Safeguarding Children Partnership
Community groups and centres
We work with a number of community groups, including:
- Community centres and associations
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Youth clubs
County Durham Partnership
Many of the organisations we work with are part of the County Durham Partnership. The County Durham Partnership website will give you more details on its work and who is involved.
Crime and community safety partners
Many organisations work together to tackle crime and the causes and effects of crime in County Durham:
- Durham Police
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
- Durham Police and Crime Commissioner's Office
- Victim Care and Advice Service
- Safe Durham Partnership
We not only run schools in County Durham, but we work with other organisations to provide the best education for the people of the county as possible:
Our partners help to improve the environment in and around County Durham:
- Durham Woodland Revival
- Environment Agency
- Energy advice centre
- North Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority
Equality and diversity partners
As a local council, we make sure that our services are open and accessible to all. To help us do that, we work in partnership with groups to give us guidance on equality and diversity issues:
- County Durham Equal Access Forum
- Durham Deafened Support
- North East Regional Faiths Network
Good health is a priority for everybody. We work with the following organisations on a range of health-related projects:
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- North Durham Clinical Commissioning Group
- Durham Dales, Easington and Sedgefield Clinical Commissioning Group
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- residential care homes
- County Durham Partnership: Health and Wellbeing Board
Some of the responsibility we have for council housing is managed by 'arms length organisations' as Housing associations.
Our work isn't just confined to these shores. We work with partners right across the world. Find out about our International partnerships.
MPs and MEPs
We often work alongside neighbouring councils:
- Northumberland County Council
- Sunderland City Council
- Gateshead Council
- Cumbria County Council
- Darlington Borough Council
- Hartlepool Borough Council
- Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
- Middlesbrough Council
- North Yorkshire County Council
- Eden District Council
Theatres, museums and entertainment venues
We directly run some venues in the county, but we are also involved in others:
Town and parish councils
Parish & Town Councils provide different local services throughout the county.
Traffic and travel partners
Traffic and travel is vitally important to the success of County Durham in so many areas:
- Newcastle Airport is the region's largest airport, handling nearly four and a half million passengers a year. The council is a shareholder and we work with the airport in its crucial role to develop the region's culture and economy.
- Teesside International Airport
- Highways Agency
- a number of bus companies provide services in County Durham including Arriva North East, Go North East, and Weardale Travel buses
Voluntary organisations carry out a lot of work, providing services and giving people the chance to develop their skills. The volunteer centres in the county can help you get involved:
We also have a range of volunteering opportunities available with us. To find out more see our volunteering page.
Helping people with jobs and benefits is an important role for these organisations:
- Jobcentre Plus
- Tribunal Service - Social Entitlement
- Citizen's Advice County Durham
- Age UK County Durham
- Connexions County Durham
We provide many of the services for people that live and work in County Durham. You can get an idea of the public services we provide on our structure page. Alternatively, get in touch with us.
- Customer Services
- 03000 26 0000
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ