Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) requests
Find out how you can make an EIR request.
The deadline for us to respond is 20 working days. We may need to charge a fee to cover costs of printing, photocopying and postage. We will let you know if a fee applies to your request. For any queries about making requests, contact the Information Management Team using the details below.
Environmental Information Regulations (EIR)
The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) allow members of the public to request environmental information from us. EIR will be anything in these categories:
- The state of the elements of the environment, such as air, water, soil, land, fauna (including human beings).
- Emissions and discharges, noise, energy, radiation, waste and other such substances.
- Measures and activities such as policies, plans, and agreements affecting or likely to affect the state of the elements of the environment.
- Reports, cost-benefit and economic analyses.
- The state of human health and safety, contamination of the food chain.
- Cultural sites and built structures (to the extent that they may be affected by the state of the elements of the environment).
We may charge a reasonable amount for some requests. Check ourfor more information.
- Information Management
- 03000 267 803
Our address is:
- Room 4/143-148
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UF