Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Management Board
The Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Management Board provides strategic direction for the work of all the overview and scrutiny committees.
The role of the Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Management Board (COSMB) is to oversee and coordinate the work of overview and scrutiny and the five thematic committees.
COSMB's main focus each year is scrutiny of the Council's Medium Term Financial Plan process and revenue and capital budget proposals. Their work contributes to ensuring the council's resources are used effectively and efficiently.
Another key role for the Board is corporate performance and budgetary monitoring which is undertaken on a quarterly basis.
Other areas of regular activity for COSMB are:
- our Transformation Programme
- customer feedback: Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions.
- Regulation of Investigative Powers Act 2000
- overview of partnership work
- consideration of the Key Decisions of cabinet.
The Board also has responsibilities:
- to ensure effective liaison across the work of the committees on cross cutting issues
- to be the strategic driver of the overview and scrutiny function
- the establishment of appropriate liaison with the cabinet in the interests of achieving common aims and continuous improvement for the council
- to encourage appropriate community involvement in the overview and scrutiny role
- an appellate role in the petitions process
You can see further information, minutes and agendas on the Corporate Issues Overview and Scrutiny Committee page.
Corporate Issues Overview and Scrutiny Committee reviews
Contact us for a copy of the COSMB work programme, or reports on our reviews.
- Customer Relationship Management System (CRMS) (2016)
- Customer First Strategy (2014)
- ICT prioritisation
- revenues and benefits
- payment of invoices
- attendance management