East Durham Rural Corridor AAP priorities
AAP priorities would normally be decided by a public vote every two years; however, the ongoing pandemic has meant that over the last year we have had to focus on how we can support local communities deal with the impact of Coronavirus.
We are updating our AAP Facebook page with any local information regarding the coronavirus. This includes changes to services or support in your area.
Over 2022/23 we will continue to offer support under the priority of 'Community Recovery'. The themes underpinning that are as follows:
- Advice and Guidance
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Organisation sustainability
- Food provision and support
- Social isolation
- Support for the Voluntary and Community Sector
- Support to small businesses (through a third party, not for profit)
Board members further agreed to include the following themes, along with the cost of living/poverty measures, given the impact rising costs are having on our communities:
- Local environment/climate change
- Community safety, including policing issues and road safety
- Transport; traffic and roads, including transport and connectivity and highways issues
Priority Task Groups
We take actions on issues linked to our priorities. To do this, we have priority task groups. These groups are made up of board and forum members and representatives from relevant partner organisations.
At task group meetings, we identify and discuss issues linked to our priorities, and we consider project ideas and requests for funding linked to these issues. If we want to progress any project ideas, we then send them to the board for approval.
If you're interested in getting involved with one of the task and finish groups or would like to discuss an idea you may have for a project, contact us.
- Area Action Partnership - East Durham Rural Corridor
- 03000 261 129
Our address is:
- The Manor House
- West End
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- TS21 2BW