Skip to content
  1. Do it online
  2. Login
  3. Have your say
  4. My Durham

Due to essential maintenance, the following systems will be unavailable from 6.00pm on Monday 2 October until 8.00am on Tuesday 3 October: our online council tax, business rates and housing benefit services, and our welfare assistance form. You will also not be able to register to pay council tax online, make a change of address for council tax or cancel single person discount. You are still able to make a payment during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Replace, exchange or return your garden waste bin

Find out what to do if your bin is missing, you want a standard sized bin, or you no longer want to use the garden waste scheme and want us to take your bin away.

Replace your bin

You can apply for a replacement bin if it has been damaged, lost or stolen.

Exchange your bin

If you currently have a small garden waste bin, you can exchange it for a standard sized garden waste bin free of charge. The standard size bin is the same size as your recycling bin. This mainly applies to residents in the former Easington and Wear Valley council areas. You must already be subscribed to the scheme for at least the number of bins that you want to receive.

Return your bin

Contact us to arrange for us to collect your bin from your property. Please place it at your collection point on the agreed collection date. Please note, if you decide at a later date to join the garden waste scheme, and need a bin, there will be a charge for a replacement bin.

Garden waste collections 2023 Garden waste collections 2023 - mobile version
Contact us
Customer Services
03000 26 0000