Community arts in County Durham
Community arts aims to provide every person living in County Durham with the opportunity to participate in the arts.
We engage large numbers of people in community arts activities; promoting the benefits for improved health, life long skills and confidence, as well as the enjoyment of taking part.
- are to offer high quality creative engagement programmes, working with local, national and international artists
- to respond to people and place, meeting the needs of diverse communities across County Durham
- to work in partnership with venues, libraries, festivals and events to maximise opportunities for community arts activities
- to develop opportunities for sustainable participation and engagement
- to advocate and promote the benefits of community arts and cultural engagement for wellbeing and enjoyment
To find out more about our ongoing programme of community arts activities please contact us.